Companies need single system connecting data across the product lifecycle: Opvia is a no-code platform empowering teams from R&D to QA to connect and automate every procedure.
Connect procedures to become data-driven
What once had to be physical can now be digital. Vast quantities of data stream from every device, and thanks to the cloud we have the power to utilise it all. Companies that connect procedures to data reduce multi-month feedback loops to days. There are three steps to this:
- Connected data: end entry into siloed spreadsheets, or even paper. Everything should be connected and traceable - from docs to data.
- Automation: save time and prevent errors from occurring by automating repeated steps - from data collection to processing or reporting.
- Optimisation: use the data to understand and predict behaviour - use these insights to continuously improve the procedure.
But 79% of teams still use paper or spreadsheets ... why?
Well, our founder (William Moss) had the very same question. So, over the course of 2019 he interviewed scientists, engineers, technicians, quality managers and CXOs at 300+ companies. He distilled the findings down to two key issues which explain why true digital transformation is still extremely rare:
- ”It'd take time and effort to setup; it will only slow us down”: it takes months or even years to digitalize, and by then things will have changed
- "The [x] team are on a different system": the benefits are lost if each stage is isolated, and teams and data aren't connected
Opvia: the no-code platform for regulated products
Extensibility and flexibility are achieved by providing a no-code platform - one system where every team can build the solutions that they need, and stay connected to adjacent teams. There are four building blocks that customers use to build a single system, a digital backbone:
- Databases: See exactly what stage every entity is at. Easily compare different batches or runs. Connect data from development through to quality.
- Procedure builder: Data are connected to a fully-traceable history of actions. See which version generated the record, who ran it, and who signed off.
- Scripting: Easily embed models, visuals or automations within your processes. They are versioned and connected to the data and documentation for full traceability.
- Version control: Roll-back and see exactly how changes to your process affected product parameters or quality. Iteratively improve your process and procedures.
Where are we now, and what's next?
Opvia is the digital backbone of some of the fastest growing companies in the world - from startups to scale-ups and beyond. Initially we partnered with cellular agriculture companies because they were singularly focussed on scale-up challenges, needed to move fast, and the young teams were familiar with the no-code paradigm.
As we’ve grown, so has our focus: we've now expanded beyond the life-sciences to work with trailblazers two new sectors Food & Beverage and Devices. And this is just the beginning. Our mission is to not only accelerate the development of technologies that matter, but to make them available to everyone. Opvia will soon be the defacto system used to share innovation across the entire product graph.
Should we be part of your story?
If you've made it this far - thank you for reading and getting involved. A special thanks goes to our partners, who've been a key part of our journey. You can find some of their stories here.
If you want to learn more about Opvia, you can get in touch with our team here. If you're interested in joining our team —yes, we're hiring— our open roles are here.