Apply now (short form to submit your details)
Location: London, UK
Job Type: Full-time
Experience: 4+ years
Our stack: Typescript, React, Graphql, Node.js, PostgreSQL, GCP
About the role
We’re a small team. That means you really matter.
We’re looking for someone who has the rare combination of:
i) A proven track record of leading and executing teams through highly technical challenges
ii) Strong product skills that have been honed by caring deeply about the user experience
Working closely with our Principal Engineer and an incredibly talented product team, you will provide technical direction and expertise to deliver robust and powerful solutions to our customers.
You will be a technical coach and mentor to engineers to help us grow our engineering talent. You will help shape the engineering culture and define best practices for software development.
If this is you please apply! If you’re not sure - please apply anyway. We’d love to chat, and perhaps you might be a good fit for one of our other roles.
To understand how we work together in the product team see here.
What you’ll need
- Experience scaling an application from MVP to quality enterprise software.
- Ability to take ownership of and effectively deliver core product features in a timely manner.
- Understanding of business and customer needs to prioritise work and deliver the greatest impact.
- Willingness to go deep into knotty problems and work on them until they are resolved. These tasks make lack a clear approach or have a high degree of execution risk, you relish the challenge.
- Provide technical specifications, deadlines and technical requirements for new features and initiatives.
- Perform frequent code reviews to ensure quality before code is shipped.
- Create processes and develop a culture amongst the technology team to reinforce the values of excellence, responsibility, and collaboration.
- Great communication skills - we’re building something completely new. You should be keen to engage with every part of the business and most importantly our clients.
- Humility - this is hard, and we gotta work together.
- Open to traveling occasionally - we have customers around the world: e.g. US, France, Germany, Netherlands.
- Bonus points:
- Familiarity with our tech stack: Node.js, Postgres, GraphQL, React.js.
- Experience or familiarity with what scientists do.
- Experience working with data for analytics.
- Have spoken at events, written blog posts, active in the tech community.
- Actively contribute to open source.
- Have played a key role in growing a successful start up from Seed to Series A, Series A to Series B
What we offer
- The opportunity to work on something important, and to feel real ownership
- The opportunity to learn what it takes to run and scale a startup
- A share of the business - you’d be part of our core team
- Remote working with 1 day a week in our offices (5 mins from the culinary delights of Borough Market) where possible
- A fun, open and genuine team to work with
- A brand new macbook pro (or equivalent)
- Private health insurance with Vitality
- An away week every 6 months somewhere special
- And more (with your input) as we grow and build our company