Apply now (short form to submit your details)
Location: London, UK
Job Type: Full-time
Experience: 3+ years
Our stack: Typescript, Python, React, Graphql, Node.js, PostgreSQL, GCP
About the Role
We’re a small team. That means you really matter.
Our automations framework allows us and our customers to write bespoke custom tools in Python to meet specific needs that go beyond our core product, such as specialized data import, visualization, and analysis tools, or machine learning models that add data-driven insights to scientific processes. These tools integrate seamlessly into workflows within our product, and can be maintained and extended either from an external repo or from a code interface in the product itself.
We're looking for someone who can help shape the core development of the automations framework and the infrastructure around it. This will involve finding creative ways to improve the automations experience and enable increasingly sophisticated custom tools to be built with it. This is a user-driven effort, so you'll also be working directly with customers to understand their needs and build individual tools to improve their workflows within the platform.
What You’ll Need
- Advanced familiarity with Python and its core scientific stack and production ecosystem
- Ability to help shape the direction of our automations platform in design and execution
- Experience with good CI/CD practices in modern cloud software development
- Familiarity with developing and maintaining secure cloud applications, ideally in GCP
- Ability to communicate and work directly with customers effectively, including occasional travel - we have customers around the world: e.g. US, UK, France, Germany, Netherlands
- Humility - this is hard, and we need to work together
- Bonus points
- Familiarity with the rest of our tech stack: Typescript, Node.js, Postgres, GraphQL, React
- Experience or familiarity with scientific processes
- Experience working with data for analytics