Apply now (short form to submit your details)
Location: London, UK
Job Type: Full-time
Experience: 2+ years
About the role
We’re a small team. That means you really matter.
Opvia is a design problem and UX is paramount to Opvia's success. We accommodate many different clients, all with different workflows and processes, you must create simple elegant solutions that work for all.
We're looking for a passionate, multidisciplinary designer who will create, maintain and refine the end-to-end design process here at Opvia.
Our current users are research scientists who work on out platform day in day out. We need someone to truly understand their needs, save them time and effort and most importantly, deliver delight.
You’ll be given full autonomy to refine the existing product and design new features. And, by carefully collecting and organising user feedback, you’ll help us decide and prioritise what we build next.
You'll work closely with a team of full-stack developers who are all passionate about design and very keen to provide the best user experience. They will join you on customer calls and together you will deliver solutions to our users in an iterative manner with a tight feedback loop.
We currently have no dedicated product manager and will be looking for you to help fill in that gap, make decisions and to lead on the product road-map until we grow further.
What you’ll need
- This is an individual contributor role, expect to be very hands-on.
- Ability to take ownership of UX and product roadmap.
- Passion for your design direction and language.
- Storytelling, wireframing, prototyping, and user-testing.
- Defining design best practices - helping us become an exceptional place to work for the talented, highly motivated designers that we hire.
- Great communication skills - we’re building something completely new.
- Humility - this is hard, and we gotta work together.
- Willingness to travel occasionally - we have customers around the world: e.g. US, France, Germany, Netherlands.
- Bonus points:
- Experience acting as a product manager.
- Experience or familiarity with what scientists do or engineering processes.
- Experience designing for data heavy applications, we have customers large and small and with varying amounts of data. Our platform must accommodate all and help our users interact with and get the most from their data.
- Experience with Figma. Our developers have started our design system there but we are open to changing under your guidance.
What we offer
- The opportunity to work on something important, and to feel real ownership
- The opportunity to learn what it takes to run and scale a startup
- A share of the business - you’d be part of our core team
- Remote working with 1 day a week in our offices (5 mins from the culinary delights of Borough Market) where possible
- A fun, open and genuine team to work with
- A brand new macbook pro (or equivalent)
- Private health insurance with Vitality
- An away week every 6 months somewhere special
- And more (with your input) as we grow and build our company